The Darlington Society
What is it?
They say writing is a solitary event . . . but it isn’t. Yes, I’m alone at 5 am as I type this. Everyone else is still tucked into bed and fast asleep. Their day will start soon. But the fact is, the effort to take a book from concept to your hands is anything but a one-man show. I’m not a lone cowboy out on this range doing my own thing, riding by my own rules. If I thought that I’d be asking for disaster. No, I’ll be the first to admit this writing thing is a team effort.
The Darlington Society was formed with this team effort in mind. Quite frankly, I need help and support. The Society is a group of readers committed to coming alongside me in this writing process and offering support wherever it is needed, from story planning to promotion to prayer.
Who are They?
Simply, The Society is people, maybe you. Readers, fans, supporters, whatever you want to call yourself. It’s those who recognize the need to support an author in his ministry of writing. No, I’m not asking for money so you can breathe easy. I’m only asking for a willingess to support an author who is following his calling to impact lives one sentence at a time.
The Society is my inner circle, my first line of readers and supporters to bounce ideas off of, to go to with prayer requests, to look to for encouragement and help.
How to Join?
If you wish to join The Darlington Society I ask you to do only two things. 1) Pray about it. I take the Society seriously and hope you will too. This is a reflection of how seriously I take my writing and my desire is to be partnered with others who also take it seriously. 2) Email me at michael_dellosso(at)yahoo.com and tell me you want to be part of the Darlington Society. It’s really that easy. I’ll add you to the mailing list, invite you to the Facebook group, and email you the “badge” to put on your own blog or website.
What are the Benefits?
As with any partnership there’s a mutual scratching of backs. Here’s what you’ll get by being a member of The Darlington Society:
- You’ll receive an Advance Reader’s Copy of my upcoming release making you one of the first to read the new book before it’s even in the final format. You’ll be weeks, if not months, ahead of everyone else.
- You will have access to the private TDS Facebook page that’s for members only.
- You will get an insider’s seat on how the publishing process works. I’ll keep you up-to-date on writing progress, editing, cover art, endorsements, future projects, the works.
- From time to time you’ll get a chance to give your input on story details (character names, scene locations, vehicles, etc.)
- You’ll be eligible for 20% off all my coaching/consulting services and anyone who says you referred them will be eligible for 10% off.
- You will receive a “badge” to post on your own blog recognizing you as a member of The Darlington Society.
What are the Responsibilities?
Okay, here’s where you scratch my back. As a member of The Society, I’ll ask you to:
- Post a review of my newest release (and any previous releases if you care to) on Amazon.com, Christianbook.com, and possibly your own blog.
- Help me spread word about my activities and books via Facebook, Twitter, and any other social networking sites you frequent. I’ll pass posts/updates/news along to you and then you can pass it along to those in your circle.
- Be available and willing to give input, advice, answer questions, or even critique portions of writing if needed.
- Most importantly, pray for my writing ministry. I’m not going to ask you to pray everyday, I know for most that’s just not realistic, but I will ask you to pray “regularly.” You determine what that means.
Questions? Feel free to post them below and I’ll do my best to clarify any confusion.